Kundalini Yoga Weekly Classes
Kundalini yoga sets, deep gong relaxations, meditations and mantras to transform and elevate. As taught by Yogi Bhajan.
- North Berwick, Tuesdays 7-8.30pm, Blissness Studio, 45 St Baldreds Road, EH39 4PU. Intimate venue by the stove. Booking essential. Email email@example.com to join the class. N.B. No class Tues 11th February as Half Term. Email firstname.lastname@example.org to join class.
- Haddington, Thursdays 10.30-12am, Trinity Centre, Haddington EH41 3EX. Booking essential. Email email@example.com to join the class. N.B. No class Thursday 13th February as Half Term.
- North Berwick, Fridays 9-10.30am, Blissness Studio, 45 St Baldreds Road, EH39 4PU. Intimate venue by the stove. Booking essential. Email firstname.lastname@example.org to join the class.
- N.B. No class Fri 14th February as Half Term.
- Kundlini Yoga with Blissness:
- works through physical Kundalini Yoga sets and deep meditation practices that boost and enhance our energy centres (7 chakras plus the aura),
- supports alignment of our ten bodies (the 10 yogic facets of our being),
- works the physical body increasing our strength and flexibility,
- supports clearing the mind through meditation and breath work (pranayam),
- nurtures our soul through creating space to hear our intuition,
- includes a deep Gong Bath relaxation, providing circumstances for deep rest and healing after physical effort,
- beautiful kundalini music and mantra used to support the experience,
- uses doTERRA therapeutic grade essential oils to deepen the practice.
- Suitable for beginners and all levels welcome.
- Blocks and meditation stools are available to support more comfortable sitting positions.
- Flexible bulk yoga class passes are available for these classes (to be used over 6 months) – see Prices and Booking section. Drop-ins welcome, £15 (price can be taken out of subsequent block/bulk purchase).
- Text Jo 0778 665 1918 to check availability.
- Book via bank transfer: TSB, Sort Code: 30-13-01, Account Number: 00706587. Please email Jo at email@example.com when booked and she will confirm your booking by email.
- 24hrs notice required if cancelling a booked class. If you cannot make a class you can book space in another class that week (space dependent).
- Yoga mats, faux sheepskin rugs, blankets, pillows, meditation stools and meditation cushions are available at Blissness Studio in North Berwick. Please bring own mats and blankets to Trinity Centre, Haddington classes. Also bring socks and water bottle to all venues.
- Book your space today as places are limited!
N.B. If you would like a one-to-one yoga session with Jo these can be booked in her studio or home locally and can be optionally combined with a gong healing session using hand held and large gongs. Contact Jo at firstname.lastname@example.org for more details.
Gong Healing Sessions
Jo hosts one-to-one Gong Healing sessions; an experience in sound with hand held and larger gongs. This is deeply healing, deeply de-stressing and deeply relaxing. Having the gongs around you, working in time with your breath, sweeping over you, focusing on your energy centres the power of their sound is a wonderful immersive experience. One-to-one Gong Healing experience £45 for 1 hour session in Blissness Studio. For private group sessions contact email@example.com
Public Gong Relaxations
- North Berwick. Friday evening Gong Yoga Nidra “Gong Bath” Relaxation, Barefoot Sanctuary, 45 Melbourne Pl, North Berwick EH39 4JS. Tickets £15. The perfect de-stress, letting go of the week, promoting weekend serenity.
- Archerfield, Dirleton, Tuesday morning, “Gong Meditation Relaxation, Fletcher’s Cottage Spa, EH39 5HU. £15. Booking via Fletcher’s Cottage Spa: 01620 897050. The perfect deep relaxation of body and mind. Booking Essential.
- Tuesday 4th Feb 2020, 9.30-10.45 am
- Tuesday 3rd March 2020, 9.30-10.45 am
- Wednesday 1st April 2020, 9.30-10.45 am
- Tuesday 1st June 2020, 9.30-10.45 am
- Tuesday 1 Sept 2020, 9.30-10.45 am
N.B. This event can be booked by calling the Spa on 01620 897050.
- Portobello, Edinburgh. Friday evening Gong Yoga Nidra “Gong Bath” Relaxation, Tribe Porty, Edinburgh EH15 2AJ. Tickets £15. The perfect de-stress, letting go of the week, promoting weekend serenity.
- North Berwick, Private Sessions, Blissness Studio, 45 St Baldreds Road, EH39 4PU. Intimate venue by the stove. Deep self care. If you would like to book or discuss a private one-to-one session please contact Jo at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Aligned Transformation coaching
- EFT Therapy
- Gong Healing (using large and hand-held gongs)
- Kundalini Yoga private session (gong relaxation optional)
- Private Group Gong Bath/Yoga session
N.B. Please arrive 5 minutes early to allow a prompt start.
N.B. Drop ins welcome, please text 0778 665 1918 to confirm space.
N.B. If you would like to book a one-to-one yoga session, gong healing session or combined yoga and gong healing session with Jo, please see the One-to-one section. The gong healing session uses hand held and large gongs.
What to bring?
For Yoga and Gong classes with Jo you will need a yoga mat, a water bottle, socks and a blanket. Optionally a sheepskin rug or additional blanket and cushion can give more comfort for relaxation and sitting postures.
For classes in Blissness Studio there are yoga mats, faux sheepskin rugs, pillows, blankets, wooden and softer meditation stools to support sitting more comfortably. The only thing you need to bring is yourself, some clothes you can move in, socks, a water bottle and the readiness to engage in some deep self care.
Fletchers Cottage Spa: There are mats, faux sheepskin rugs, cushions and blankets.
Tribe Porty: Please bring everything you need.
Trinity Centre: Please bring everything you need.
“After going through a turbulent time following 4 bereavements in 4 months I knew I needed some priority time for self care & support for myself to get through & recover. I booked a one to one yoga session immediately followed by a one to one sound healing. I felt all the tension & strain finally start to drain away & felt the most relaxed in weeks. I continue with the regular kundalini yoga practice & will ensure to add in a sound healing too for support, pamper, thrive & revive from modern daily life!” Aileen
“I’d never done a Gong bath before… but so glad I have now. Without question one of the most intense and enjoyable things I have tried in years. I was worried I wouldn’t be able to hold my relaxed state or even meditate for long but I drifted away and in what felt like minutes later it was all coming to an end. The power of the gong is awesome and I would urge anyone to try it, invigorating, life affirming and not the least bit hippy.” Iain
“The most still I’ve been” Euan (re: Gong Yoga Nidra)
“Yesterday’s session was really good, by the way – my mood was completely transformed and i went away feeling whole again!
The gong is so much more than sound, it is a whole body experience of resonance, the like of which i have never felt before. The power the all consuming waves clears the mind and heart. it washes you clean of the everyday stress and gives you a vivid and visceral connection with the universe for just those few moments. And that’s coming from a devout skeptic!
I love my Friday yoga and it has completely changes my weekends with the family. I now have the energy and a new joy of life to enable me to get out and do not stay in and slob! After a session I just know life is good and that I DO have the strength to make it so for me and my family – all thanks to Jo and her work!
It’s not just the yoga, it is the trust we have in Jo as a person and a practitioner that enables us to let go and to allow the Kundalini to flow.” Ruth Colston
“Jo brings a different perspective to yoga through her kundalini approach. I left the taster session feeling subtle in body and peaceful in mind. As enjoyable as a good massage.” Diana Murray
“I had the good fortune of attending one of Jo Coley’s kundalini yoga classes in North Berwick in September. If I lived closer I would most definitely attend regularly. The class encompassed everything I needed to gain a wonderful nights sleep. I highly recommend this class!!” Jill Willison
“I have been taking taster classes with Jo for a few weeks now and I have never felt so energised, well and happy. Those who know me recognize that I’m on the skeptic side of the fence, but her relaxed and supportive teaching has shown me a stile over my barriers to to self love and learning. Thanks Jo xxx” Ruth Colston
“Jo is a gong warrior princess bringing truth to the people through the power of the Naad.” Carole Monnier Clark
“The health benefits since starting Kundalini yoga with Jo have been amazing.
Jo creates a calm, safe and welcoming space to practise in which encourages me to return and improve week on week.
Kundalini yoga was a new form of yoga for me and the teaching and guidance from Jo has not only promoted healing but also increased my personal confidence and motivation.
Most notably I have found big improvements in relaxation, control and coordination and improved flexibility which have all helped so much with managing pain I have from significant back and joint issues.
Thank you Jo.” Catherine Cooke
“Having attended yoga classes for a couple of years, Jo’s teaching of Kundalini yoga came to me as a new and uplifting experience. Jo explains and demonstrates so well that no-one need feel apprehension about joining in. Relaxing to the sound of the gong is an experience not to be missed!” Diana Murray
“Jo is an incredible kundalini yoga teacher filled with grace and ease. Her vivacious energy fills the teaching space and is infectious!! Jo explains each pose, breathing exercise and meditation clearly and easily answers every question. I personally like Jo’s explanations of the benefits – physiological,emotional and mental – of the positions and breathing sections of each class.
Jo’s excitement and enthusiasm for her gong is unrivalled! I am looking forward to the inclusion of the gong in future sessions – but the question is – is the world ready for Jo’s gong???” Suzi Burns
“Jo’s Gong Bath at The Barefoot Sanctuary was so beautiful – the pre preparation with the yoga Nidra really helped to lay the intention and the whole experience was incredibly powerful- the room was bursting with the positive vibrations -finished off with a grounding cup of herbal tea – it was a really wonderful experience” Bernie Petrie